What You Can Do
Human trafficking is the most horrific human rights violation in our world, inflicting irreparable damage on millions of children and adults around the globe. But working together, we can end it. And we must.
Everyone can help in the initiative to end human trafficking. Whether you’re an interested individual community member or a Rotary Club member, read below how you can help.
What Your Rotary Club Can Do
What Individuals Can Do
- Take a personal commitment to learn everything you can about this horrible crime and what is happening in your community. Click here to learn more.
- Tell friends, colleagues and family members about it; post and share articles and information on social media.
- Invite a speaker to your workplace, your schools or community groups.
- Volunteer and/or make contributions to local organizations working with at-risk youth
- Support our initiative
- Join your local Rotary Club! Find a club near you
Spot the signs
Sex trafficking happens 365 days a year. Here is what to look for:
- Signs of. Violence unexplained bruises, black eyes, cuts, or marks
- Behaviors including fear, anxiety, depression, hyper vigilance, nervousness
- Easily startled, agitated, or afraid
- Unsure of where they are
- Not in control of money or documents
- Accompanied by older “boyfriend” / companion
- Dressed to look older or inappropriately for the weather/situation
- Name or symbol tattooed or branded on neck, chest, or arms
Schedule a Speaker
To schedule a Rotary speaker for your Rotary club or community group contact:
In addition, you can consider inviting a representative of one of the organizations on our Resource page, or consider inviting your local law enforcement personnel to find out what’s happening in your community.
Rotary Club Projects
We know that to end human trafficking we have to prevent it from happening in the first place. So Rotary’s focus is:
- Raising Awareness
- Educating Youth and Adults
- Reducing Risk Factors that make children vulnerable to traffickers
- Stopping the Demand
Rotary clubs are working to raise awareness of human trafficking in their communities and providing financial and volunteer support to local organizations working to end it. Here are some examples of what Rotary Clubs are Doing: