Who We Are
Rotary is the largest global service organization, with clubs in over 33,000 communities worldwide. Rotarians are dedicated to providing service to others and advancing peace and goodwill, within their communities and around the world.
Why is Rotary involved in this issue?
- Rotary is uniquely positioned to solve global issues, with over 1.2 million Rotarians worldwide.
- Rotary has a successful track record – we have helped eradicate polio!
- We can mobilize thousands of Rotary clubs to tackle this issue in their own communities.
What Rotary is Doing
Our mission is to End Human Trafficking in communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and parts of Ontario (regions covered by Rotary Districts 5950,5960, and 5580). We will serve as facilitators and problem solvers, and provide forums for discussion.
We will provide Rotary Clubs with information, resources and toolkits to engage their communities and support local organizations and agencies working to end human trafficking.
To end human trafficking, we have to prevent it before it happens. To that end, our Initiative will focus on:
- Raising Awareness
- Educating Children and Youth
- Reducing Risk Factors that make children vulnerable
- Stopping the Demand
We encourage every Rotary Club to support local organizations working to end human trafficking to raise awareness about human trafficking, and to engage your community around this issue. Click here to find out how.
Here’s what some clubs are doing: